70+ Advent Calendar Ideas for the boyfriend or husband
Update: The original advent calendar list was from 2015. I’ve recently updated this to include advent calendar ideas for 2022 and will be continuously adding as ideas come.
I have a tradition in my house. Every year, I do an advent calendar of small wrapped gifts for my
boyfriend, now husband. Last year’s advent calendar was only “13 days of Christmas”. This year I did 25 days of Christmas. I thought I’d share what sort of things I’ve wrapped up (including ideas that I didn’t use). These would also make great stocking stuffers or Valentine’s Day gifts for him.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
It’s no secret that we love advent calendar’s in our house. We started this tradition in our house over five years ago and still maintain it every year.
Over the years I went from making advent calendars like a beer advent calendar for my boyfriend, who is now my husband, to making DIY advent calendars for my daughter.
If you are looking for advent calendar fillers or stocking stuffers for your kids, here’s a list that is grouped by ages. Some of the items here might even make a good gag gift or be a great nostalgia piece for him!
What type of Advent Calendar should I get for him?
The first year that I put together an advent calendar for him, I just wrapped each item individually.
The next year, I made a beer calendar advent calendar (seen above).
I also like the wooden advent calendars you can get from Homesense or Amazon but keep in mind that these advent calendars can’t hold very much and usually can only hold very small items.
If you have a Cricut and choose to go the DIY route, you can make an advent calendar out of toilet paper rolls.
ADVENT CALENDAR FILLER IDEAS FOR HIM
I’ve always struggled with what to put in advent calendars so I started jotting down all of the things I could come up with. The list has really grown over the years!
- Socks (Pair of socks, multiples, etc). He ALWAYS seems to need socks.
- Underwear: Boxers/Briefs (just like socks, they can always use new underwear), this brand is the best
- 6 Pack of his favourite beer
- A digital Christmas movie to watch (think redemption vouchers)
- A handwritten love note
- His favourite chocolate
- Fleece pants to wear in the house
- Hot chocolate (packets or container)
- Kinder Surprise Eggs (There are Mickey Mouse ones that are really cute this year (2015), or other themed ones – Minion ones are around too)
- Tea bags or coffee beans (depending on his preference)
- Trail Mix (great if he works in an office and packs as a great snack)
- Love coupons – preferably homemade, or more racey ones here
- Portable Sriracha
- Lip balm – Burt’s Bees is our favourite!
- A message in a bottle (craft stores/dollar stores have small cork bottles)
- 2-player board games – here is a list of our favourites
- A pack of cards
- Gum/mint (great for the car or for his meetings or interviews)
- A warm hat
- Gloves (for the car)
- Travel size mouth wash
- Pocket Knife
- Shoe Polish
- Beef Jerky
- Knife sharpening kit
- Bandaids (the cartoon ones are cute)
- Car mount for a cellphone (this one is the one I’ve had for the last 2 years)
- Air freshener for the car
- Sporks – great for his packed lunch
- Pocket backpack
- Playstation Plus/Xbox Gold – if he’s a gamer
- Bottle Opener
- Portable Flash Drive / SD card
- An axe to cut wood for the fireplace (no really, he requested this)
- Travel mug
- Hand cream
- A massage bar – this one from Lush smells really nice
- Gift cards (e.g. I bought a $5 one to the coffee shop we first went to)
- An e-Reader/portable tablet (the smaller ones are great if he takes the subway/train for commuting)
- Fishing gear
- Camping gear
- Magazine subscription
- A monthly subscription box (e.g. Dollar Shave Club)
- A tie or cufflinks
- Movie tickets
- Sleep mask
- Book (Reading) light
- Razor cartridges
- Cell phone chargers (really, where do these always disappear to?)
- Snack-size Pringles
- Mini bubble bath
- Money clip
- Nail clippers
- Coffee cup/mug
- Cough drops
- Mini kleenex packs
- Lego/Knex (for the kid in all of us)
- A healthy snack – fruit (apples/oranges should last the month)
- Lint brush roller – for homes with pets
- A homemade CD/playlist with songs that remind you of him
- Hot rod snack pack
- A lanyard for his keys
- Sneaker Balls (deodorizes shoes)
- A flask – engrave to customize
- Guitar picks
- Seeds to plant in the spring
- Lottery ticket
- Fidget spinners
- Mini Rubiks cube
- Multipurpose tool card
- Custom mailing stamps
- Personalized Christmas Ornament (you can make one using ceramic tiles found at the hardware store)
- Gingerbread making kit
- No-tie Shoelaces (I first saw these for kids, but they make them for adults too!)
- An art print
- Cologne (if you’re cheap like me, get one of the trial packs from your department store)
- Pocket Q-tips
- Couples keychains (These are great for Valentine’s day too)
- Whisky Stones
- LCD writing tablet (aka Boogie Board)
- A toy or can of food for his pet (if he has one)
- Kid-sized box of cereal
- Spotify Glass (keychain version or small frame)
- Beard oil/balm
- A can of pop
- House slippers or reading socks
- Adult vitamins
- Pocket massager gun
- Art supplies
- Mad libs for adults
- Drink coasters
- Pocket Emergency weather radio
This. Is. Amazing!!!!